What personal information do we collect?
We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
- details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery;
- card payment details if making a purchase
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website
What we do with the personal information we collect?
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it
- when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, enable you to track you order online, arrange delivery and for other purchase related services (this may include contacting you by telephone, email or SMS to arrange, confirm or upgrade your delivery) and for ongoing customer service dealings including any faults or repairs or refunds
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested in (See Keeping You Informed); and
- to ask you from time to time if you would like to provide feedback on or participate in market research on our products and services. You do not have to participate in these if you do not wish.
Who do we share it with?
We do not share your data with any third parties except as provided in this policy or as required by law. We will not share personal data with third parties for Direct Marketing by those parties without your consent. We may sell or otherwise supply Corporate Data to third parties, including other companies in our group Please note that Ginger is legally required to notify the TV Licensing Authority of any purchase you make of television receiving equipment. Please see www.tvlicensing.co.uk for more details. If you take out an additional service plan with your purchase, Ebuyer will share limited personal information with the service plan provider.
Ginger may also disclose your personal information:
Keeping You Informed
We may from time to time contact or update you about products, services or offers that may be relevant to you. This may include delivery, reviews, lists and extended warranties, and other products and services related to your Ginger purchases, some of which are provided by Ginger and some by our trusted partners to whom we may pass on your details.
They or we may contact you about these by telephone, mail, email and SMS, using the contact details you provide and update us with, which we obtain or update with you in our dealings, or which we obtain or update from external sources. This may include telephone numbers that are registered by you or others unless you have told us directly that you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose on a particular telephone number. By providing your details through the website, you are agreeing to this.
If you don't want to be contacted by post or telephone you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 01624 823343 or write to us at: Data Removal, Ginger Group, Derby House, College Green, Castletown, sle of Man, IM9 1BE. If you do so, please bear with us for a short time whilst we adjust our records. This usually takes up to 10 days.
Please remember to use the international dialing code (+44) when calling from outside the UK
If you don't want to be contacted by email, please unsubscribe from the Ginger marketing emails that contain an easy means for you to unsubscribe.
Please note that Ginger would not necessarily remove all your details from its records, but would note and respect your changed marketing preferences.
Security and Storage
Whilst we have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information, Ginger cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|